Multiple Blasts Rock Venezuela’s Caracas Amid Rising Tensions

by

Ganpat Singh Chouhan

Caracas, 3 January. Several loud explosions were heard in Venezuela’s capital Caracas on Saturday morning amid ongoing tensions with the United States. The cause of the blasts remains unclear, while videos circulating on social media show plumes of smoke.

According to a report by the news agency Xinhua, the explosions caused some disruptions in telecommunications services across the capital. However, there has been no official statement from the United States regarding these blasts so far.

Earlier, US President Donald Trump had repeatedly warned about the possibility of ground operations in Venezuela as part of his strategy to remove Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro. These warnings preceded the recent sounds of explosions in Venezuela.

To increase pressure, the US President has imposed additional sanctions on Venezuela, expanded the US military presence in the region, and accused ships in both the Caribbean and Pacific of drug trafficking. Recent information also revealed US military operations in the Caribbean Sea.

Recently, the US government announced bans on entities in both Iran and Venezuela. The US accused Tehran of supplying Caracas with conventional weapons and threatening US interests throughout the Western Hemisphere, including the US homeland.

The US State and Treasury Departments stated that a Venezuelan company under sanctions was involved in the sale of millions of dollars’ worth of Iranian-designed combat unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs).

Statements from US departments further accused other sanctioned entities and individuals of supporting a procurement network linked to Iran’s drone and ballistic missile programmes.

Tommy Pigott, Deputy Spokesperson for the State Department, said, “The entities and individuals sanctioned today demonstrate that Iran is actively expanding its combat UAV capabilities and acquiring missile-related items in violation of UN sanctions.”

He added that the Trump administration will continue efforts to halt Iran’s ballistic missile programme, prevent development of other conventional and asymmetric weapons, and stop Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons.

John C. Hurley, Under Secretary for Terrorism and Financial Intelligence, stated, “We will continue swift actions to block those who help Iran’s military-industrial complex from accessing the US financial system.”

The US Treasury also warned that Iran’s UAV and missile programmes pose a threat to US and allied personnel in the Middle East and disrupt commercial shipping in the Red Sea.

Earlier in December 2025, the CIA reportedly carried out a drone strike on a dock facility off the Venezuelan coast. Sources said the strike targeted a remote dock believed by US officials to be used by a Venezuelan gang to store drugs and ship them via boats.

KK/AS

My name is Ganpat Singh Choughan. I am an experienced content writer with 7 years of expertise in the field. Currently, I contribute to Daily Kiran, creating engaging and informative content across a variety of categories including technology, health, travel, education, and automobiles. My goal is to deliver accurate, insightful, and captivating information through my words to help readers stay informed and empowered.

Leave a Comment

BREAKING NEWS: