* The BCCI announced new contract system and compensation structure for Indian cricket with 26 players in senior men’s list.
* The annual contracts are for the period from October 2017 to September 2018.
* Former India captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni and senior off-spinner R Ashwin are relegated from the top-paid bracket with the BCCI introducing a new A+ category in the central contracts.
* After allegations of domestic violence and adultery by his wife, paceman Mohammed Shami‘s name has been withheld by the governing body.
* The new A+ category have only five players including skipper Virat Kohli.
* Dhoni and Ashwin have been bracketed in the second tier – A category.
* The other prominent omissions from the list are veteran Yuvraj Singh and young Rishabh Pant while Suresh Raina makes a comeback.
A+ category (Rs 7 crore each): Virat Kohli, Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan, Bhuvneshwar Kumar and Jasprit Bumrah.
A category (Rs 5 crore each): MS Dhoni, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja, Murali Vijay, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane and Wridhhiman Saha.
B category (Rs 3 crore each): KL Rahul, Umesh Yadav, Kuldeep Yadav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Hardik Pandya, Ishant Sharma and Dinesh Karthik.
C category (Rs 1 crore each): Kedar Jadhav, Manish Pandey, Axar Patel, Karun Nair, Suresh Raina, Parthiv Patel and Jayant Yadav.
* Only nine cricketers are included in the list for senior women players
Grade A (Rs 50 lakh each): Mithali Raj, Jhulan Goswami, Harmanpreet Kaur and Smriti Mandhana
Grade B (Rs 30 lakh each): Poonam Yadav, Veda Krishnamurthy, Rajeshwari Gayakwad, Ekta Bisht and Shikha Pandey
Source : timesofindia