
Tel Aviv, May 7: Diplomatic efforts are underway to end the conflict between Iran and the United States. Reports suggest that the steps taken by the U.S. towards reconciliation with Iran have surprised Israel. However, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has dismissed these claims. He stated that he is in regular contact with U.S. President Donald Trump to ensure full cooperation.
On Wednesday (local time), Netanyahu said, “We are in constant contact with our friends in America. I speak with President Trump almost daily. My team and his team communicate every day, even today.”
He added that he plans to speak with Trump again later that night.
Netanyahu emphasized that Israel is prepared for any situation regarding Iran. The goals of Israel and the U.S. align, with the primary objective being the removal of enriched material from Iran.
According to a report by Xinhua News Agency, Israeli officials have supported renewed attacks on Iran, claiming that its nuclear capabilities and stockpile of ballistic missiles remain a significant concern.
Earlier on Wednesday, Trump issued a new ultimatum to Iran, stating that it must accept a deal to end the war or face a new wave of bombings that would be more intense and rapid than before.
Trump mentioned that Washington has made progress in negotiations with Iran and suggested that a potential agreement could be reached soon. He reiterated that Tehran should never possess nuclear weapons.
Speaking to reporters at the White House on Wednesday (local time), Trump said, “They want to make a deal. We’ve had very good discussions in the last 24 hours, and it’s very possible we could reach an agreement.”
He dismissed claims that Iran has remained obstinate, responding to a reporter, “Why do you say they refused to comply? You don’t know that.”
The President reiterated his previous stance that Tehran should never develop nuclear weapons, stating, “They cannot have nuclear weapons; it’s very simple.”
Trump also claimed that Iran’s military infrastructure suffered significant damage during the conflict. He stated, “They had a navy with 159 ships, and now every ship is in pieces at the bottom of the sea. They had an air force with many planes, and now they have none.”
He further asserted that Iran’s anti-aircraft systems, radar capabilities, and missile stockpiles have mostly been depleted.
The U.S. President concluded, “All their leaders are dead. So, I think we have won. Diplomacy is still possible. If the fighting stops now, it will take Iran decades to recover militarily.”



Leave a Comment