Israels Main Goal in Lebanon: Disarming Hezbollah, Says Defense Minister Katz

by

Narendra Jijhontiya

Israels Main Goal in Lebanon: Disarming Hezbollah, Says Defense Minister Katz

Jerusalem, April 3: Israel’s Defense Minister, Yoav Katz, reiterated on Friday that the primary objective in Lebanon is to disarm Hezbollah through military and political means.

According to a report by ‘The Times of Israel’, following a review with military officials, Katz stated, “Israel’s policy in Lebanon has been clear and will remain so. The main goal is to eliminate Hezbollah through military and political strategies, regardless of the Iranian issue.”

Katz mentioned that the Israeli Defense Forces (IDF) are completing ground operations in southern Lebanon to the extent that Hezbollah can launch anti-tank missile attacks on Israel.

He added, “Homes located in Lebanese villages near the border, which effectively serve as Hezbollah bases, will be destroyed according to the models used in Rafah and Khan Younis, to eliminate threats to Israeli communities.”

As reported by ‘The Times of Israel’, Katz announced that the IDF will maintain “security control” up to the Litani River in southern Lebanon, preventing approximately 600,000 residents from returning until the safety of northern Israeli residents is guaranteed.

He stated, “The IDF will continue targeting Hezbollah leaders and fighters throughout Lebanon. Since the start of the current campaign, 1,000 fighters have been eliminated.” He also emphasized that Israel will take strong action against Hezbollah’s rocket fire to ensure the safety of northern communities.

Earlier in the day, the IDF reported that in the past month, 1,000 fighters, including senior commanders, have been killed in Lebanon, with over 3,500 targets attacked. This includes bridges used for transporting weapons and military forces.

In a post on the social media platform ‘X’, the IDF stated, “In the past month, 1,000 fighters have been eliminated in Lebanon, including senior commanders. More than 3,500 targets have been attacked, including five major bridges used for transporting weapons and enemy forces. Attacks have also been carried out on key resources and financial storage sites.”

On April 1, the IDF claimed that Hezbollah’s southern front commander, Haj Yusuf Ismail Hashem, was killed in an Israeli naval attack in Beirut.

Leave a Comment