Two workers killed due to suffocation in septic tank in Rajasthan’s Udaipur

Breaking News 5

Udaipur : Two labourers died and two others fainted due to suffocation while cleaning a septic tank in a hotel in Ambamata Police Station area here on Friday, police said.

Police said two labourers got into the tank for cleaning it at a hotel located on Sajjangarh Road. Mahendra Chhaparwal (27) and Vijay Kalyana (33) died of suffocation due to poisonous gas in the tank, while Ramkaran and Vinod Nakwal, who jumped into the tank to save them fainted.

Ramkaran and Nakwal were admitted to MB Hospital, police said, adding that the latter’s condition remains critical. The bodies were brought to the hospital mortuary, they said.

Meanwhile, a large number of people of Valmiki community and organisations linked to sanitation workers reached the hospital demanding compensation for the family of the deceased.

All India Safai Mazdoor Congress leader Babulal said the family of the deceased should be given a compensation and a case of murder should be registered against the hotel operator.

Check Also

Nipah virus outbreak in India – what you need to know

The Nipah virus is transmitted from bats to humans through contact with infected bat saliva …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *