On 26.08.2021, Ministry of Labour & Employment has launched eShram portal, a National Database of the Unorganised Workers (NDUW) aged between 16-59 seeded with Aadhaar. As on 26.03.2023, more than 28.78 crore unorganised workers have registered on the portal. State wise details of registration in eShram portal are annexed. A total of Rs. 704.01 crores was allocated for NDUW for the period FY 2019-20 to FY 2024-25 and funds to the tune of around Rs. 418 Crores has been utilized as on 24th March, 2023.
To further improve the utilization of fund Ministry has taken several steps to increase registration on e-Shram is providing multi-channel registration facility to unorganised workers across country. CSC-SPV along with its more than 4 lakh Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) have been on boarded to provide registration facilities at village level.
- I. States where CSC outreach in not prominent, State Sewa Kendras (SSKs) have been on boarded to facilitate registration of unorganised workers.
- E-Shram has been integrated with UMANG mobile application to provide on-the-go registration and updation facilities to unorganised workers.
- III. Regular review meetings with CSC are being held to increase the pace of registration.
- IV. IEC (Information, Education, and Communication) funds have also been released to the states so that they can plan activities promoting more registrations.
- Registration camps and drives are being organised by Ministry from time to time to mobilise workers in unorganised sector for registering on e-Shram.