Udaipur, also known as the “City of Lakes”, is a beautiful city located in the state of Rajasthan, India. It is known for its rich history, stunning architecture, and picturesque lakes. If you’re planning to visit Udaipur, here are some places that you should consider adding to your itinerary:
- City Palace: The City Palace is one of the most iconic landmarks in Udaipur. It was built over a period of 400 years and is a beautiful blend of Rajasthani and Mughal architectural styles. It is home to several palaces, courtyards, gardens, and museums, and is a must-visit attraction for anyone interested in history and architecture.
- Lake Pichola: Lake Pichola is one of the most beautiful lakes in Udaipur. It is surrounded by hills, palaces, and temples, and is a popular spot for boat rides and photography. The lake is especially beautiful during sunset, when the sky turns shades of pink and orange.
- Jag Mandir: Jag Mandir is a beautiful palace located on an island in Lake Pichola. It was built in the 17th century and served as a summer resort for the royal family. It is now open to the public and is a popular spot for weddings and events.
- Fateh Sagar Lake: Fateh Sagar Lake is another beautiful lake in Udaipur. It is less crowded than Lake Pichola and offers stunning views of the surrounding hills. You can take a boat ride on the lake or simply sit by the shore and enjoy the scenery.
- Saheliyon Ki Bari: Saheliyon Ki Bari is a beautiful garden located in Udaipur. It was built in the 18th century and is known for its fountains, marble elephants, and lotus pool. It is a peaceful and serene spot and is a popular spot for picnics and photography.
- Bagore Ki Haveli: Bagore Ki Haveli is a beautiful haveli (mansion) located on the banks of Lake Pichola. It was built in the 18th century and is now a museum that showcases the art, culture, and history of Rajasthan. It also hosts cultural shows in the evening, featuring traditional Rajasthani music and dance.
- Jagdish Temple: Jagdish Temple is a beautiful temple located in the heart of Udaipur. It was built in the 17th century and is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The temple is known for its intricate carvings, sculptures, and architecture.
- Monsoon Palace: The Monsoon Palace is a beautiful palace located on a hilltop in Udaipur. It was built in the 19th century and served as a summer retreat for the royal family. It offers stunning views of the surrounding hills and is a popular spot for sunset photography.
- Shilpgram: Shilpgram is a cultural village located on the outskirts of Udaipur. It showcases the art, culture, and handicrafts of Rajasthan, and is a great place to buy souvenirs and gifts. It also hosts cultural shows and events throughout the year.
- Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary: The Sajjangarh Wildlife Sanctuary is a beautiful sanctuary located on a hilltop near Udaipur. It is home to several species of animals and birds, including panthers, wild boars, and peacocks. You can take a jeep safari through the sanctuary and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
These are just a few of the many places to visit in Udaipur. Whether you’re interested in history, architecture, nature, or culture, Udaipur has something for everyone.