Thursday , 19 September 2019
Breaking News
Two women labourers electrocuted in Pratapgarh

Two women labourers electrocuted in Pratapgarh

Udaipur : Two women construction labourers were electrocuted when they came in contact with an 11kv electric line near Roadways bus stand at Housing Board colony in Pratapgarh on Sunday. Some construction work for shops was going on in the area. The incident occurred when the women were working on the terrace of one of an under construction shop. One of them came in contact with a live wire.

The other woman who tried to save her fellow worker got burned instead and died. The current had been so severe that their bodies caught fire. One of the women’s lower part of the body was completely charred. The rescue team got the power supply disconnected in the area and later shifted the bodies to the mortuary. The deceased were identified as Ramkanya (25) wife of Jalam Singh resident of Paanch Imli village and Ganga Bai wife of Narayanlal resident of Bandi Khali. Family members of the victims protested outside the mortuary demanding ex-gratia of five lakh rupees each. No one from the district administration went to the hospital till late afternoon and infuriated people marched to Zero mile circle and staged a protest.

DySP Gordhanlal Khateek, Circle Inspector Gopal Chandel and policemen tried to pacify the people who remained adamant. The contractor’s representatives agreed to pay five lakh rupees for the two deceased women, however, families didnt agree till the exgratia  was settled at a higher amount. A senior officer of the electricity department said that the 11kv line was passing just above the buildings and the contractor should have taken precautions before letting the workers there. He had been warned on previous occasions too. A case of negligence has been given against the contractor by the electricity department.



Download Udaipur Kiran App to read Latest News Today